Sunday, July 5, 2009

Halfway

It's hard to believe, but I'm already halfway through my 18 month rotation here. In less than 9 months, I'll be back in Denver.

Work has gotten really busy, so I haven't been traveling much lately, but enjoying the summer weather in Munich...and what better to do than enjoy the many beer gardens here. Last Sunday we went to the Andechs Monastery. It has been brewing beer since 1455.



Here's Kerry making friends.

Yesterday morning I went for a bike ride along the Isar River and then went to a street festival near my apartment. They had all the roads blocked off and had 4 different bands playing at the same time, but set up at different spots along the roads with various brat and beer stands, so was a really good time. Then, to celebrate the 4th of July, Jenny and Andi had us over for a BBQ at their apartment. Jenny is from London, so we made sure to give her a hard time about hosting Americans on such a day. She said they were happy to get rid of us anyway. HA!
Here are some pictures from along the river.