Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ski Summary 2010

Wow, I can't believe I might have just skied my last time in the Alps (this year of course!)! Rather than bore all of you with weekly ski blogs, I decided to save them up this year. I "only" got to go about 8 days this year, but hey, who's complaining.

I've had some reality checks setting in lately when I look at the calendar and see just how little time I have left here. I'm hoping to travel quite a bit during the weekends in April, so hopefully I'll have some more frequent updates to this. My last day here is April 30th, so it will be here before I know it. It's amazing to think I've been here more than 17 already and that this is all about to be over. Don't get me wrong, I'm getting anxious to come home. I'm ready to be closer to family and have that sense of "permanancy".

Quite the snow at Obertauern. The bus had to stop and put chains on halfway there.
Alissa kicking up some nice powder.

Untouched...but not for long.
Zillertal, Austria
Kitzbuehel, Austria
I love this picture. So stereotypical.
Some of the signs here crack me up. I love the little man falling head over heels over the side of the mountain. And yes, this was enough to make us ski it - and it was awesome! I just love it when it is really steep and just deep enough to start a "mini-avalanche" on your first turn. (Just to clarify Mom, this was of course perfectly safe).
See, it wasn't THAT bad.

Town of Kitzbuehel.
Just outside Zillertal, Austria. What a view to wake up to. Apres ski in Kitzbuehel. Me, Jenny, Alissa, Coco, John, and Andi.
Nightlife in Kitzbuehel. Jenny, Andi, me, and John.
Enjoying a traditional German dinner in Munich. Me, Kerry, Chris, Juan, and Alissa.