Monday, March 16, 2009

Starkbierfest

Friday night was Starkbierfest at the Paulaner brewery so we all got out our lederhosen and dirndls. The festival is sort of like a mini-Oktoberfest. There was a live oompah band playing and of course plenty of beer that made standing on the tables and singing and dancing sound like a good idea. From left to right...Jenny, Kinsey, me, Chris, Justin, Brian, JP, and Alissa.




The girls showing off their dirndls. The guys never got a picture together...I guess we were too busy drinking as you will find out below. (Alissa, Kerry, Jenny, Andrea, Kinsey)


Don't ask...ok, fine. Every time we ski, we have a shot of Feigling, which is fig flavored vodka (not sure the story behind it, but it's a tradition in Austria). Since they had them at Starkbierfest, we had some there too and the "Feigling girls" gave us masks, shirts, and hats, which wearing them also seemed like a good idea at the time. This is as generous as I get with the embarrassing pictures, so don't ask for any more! (Justin, Chris, and me).
It was really nice on Saturday so a few of us went to the English Garten for a little sun and a beer (sun - now that is something I have been waiting for months to see!). Kerry and Chris had a going away party Saturday night for 2 of the expats (Andrea and Kinsey), which was also fun, but it will be sad to see them leave. Justin is Andrea's husband, so I will definitely miss him on the ski trips.

On Sunday we went to a St. Patrick's Day festival. Unlike Saturday, it was rainy most of the day, so we didn't stay outside too long before we gave up and just found the Irish Pub instead. They were showing a rugby game on TV, so Chris explained the rules to me (he used to play in college), so now I know enough to be dangerous. I still can't force myself to like soccer even being over here, but I can handle rugby and actually enjoyed the game.